- Pham Xuan Hoe graduated from Banking University in 1984.
- 1984-1995: He had 15-year working as the Head of Administrative Department at the State Bank of Vietnam, Thai Binh Branch.
- 1995-1999: He held the position of Head of Economic Analysis at Department of Monetary Policy (formerly known as Department of Economic Research).
- 1999 – July 2004: Director of Vietcombank, Thai Binh Branch and graduated with Master Degree at Banking Institute.
- 2004 – July 2006: He worked at Head Office of Vietcombank as Head of Assets Management Department and Head of Monetary Risk Management Deparment.
- July 2006 – March 2012: Director of Vietcombank, Nam Thang Long Branch.
- March 2012 – April 2015: Deputy Director of Monetary Policy Department.
- April 2015 till now, Mr. Pham Xuan Hoe is Deputy Director of Banking Strategy Institute at the State Bank of Vietnam
- He has had many researches and journals published on Banking Magazine